So I have been M.I.A for roughly just over a week now. Due to the lack of work and despite what I consider an excellent resume with no calls thus far returned I have be come hooked on the drug known as... "skyrim". "Hide your wife, hide your kids...they goin' find you...so run and tell that" (<---some may get this joke lol)
I have gone threw what im sure is most the game by this point sinking in ...oh...if I had to guess...probably 60 hours +. I have left my other new games dormant for awhile, threw call of duty:MW3 in today for about 15 mins and my reaction, " fuck this game!, goddamnit who the fuck needs multiplayer!" . Yes thats right I said it, me, Mister "I like my games to have mulitplayer". I may throw battlefield 3 back in in the next day or so due to I actually enjhoy playing it online. I played threw cod:mw3 campaign, did some spec ops and survival, taste satisfied and over.
Speaking of cod:mw3 I had friends over last weekend and my friend who is a "die hard" call of duty fan and swore he would buy cod:mw3 over battlefield 3 no matter what played cod:mw3 and his almost immediate reaction after we were done playing "Fuck this , im getting BF3" I smiled and he lowered his head, good times lol.
Anyways back on topic of skyrim, the game purely kicks ass and here are my reasons from my experience thus far. Most will make sense to those that have the game and most would probably make sense to those that dont.
1. Gorgeous enviroments and surprisingly they stack up quitely nicely in contrast to the p.c version on my xbox 360, this pleases me a lot due to the fact that I have not yet gotten my super card to eat all other cards (well maybe not ALL other cards but close)
2. The ideal open world that the elder scrolls games always roll out and keep me wanting to find more and more and more and more and ....you get the point.
3. One word.... DRAGONS!...no three words..." MOTHA FUCKIN' DRAGONS!"
4. I have viking heritage, so naturally all the nordic sceneary as well as the music feels like a calling to the deepest parts of my inner self. Granted the gods are not the same but its the feeling that counts
5. Customization, well not overly attractive character wise its always nice to have, especially with the amount of given races with race specific benefits and benefits to class abilities.
I could go on more about the game but honestly the experience will be different for all, from the choices you make to the areas you go, things you find, its a fucking blast. My girlfriend started playing and already right from the get go started doing things differently then I did without even knowing.
GET THIS DAMN GAME IF YOU HAVNT ALREADY!....then wag your finger at your others games, put them in a corner and yell at them!
Now for some music (special song thrown in there on topic with blog guess which one it is ;D )