The king of the hard court is back and better than ever with the all-new Sprite Slam Dunk Contest.NBA 2K8 continues a five year legacy as the number one rated NBA simulation with in-game features that bring basketball to life like never before.
- Sprite Slam Dunk Contest: Live from Las Vegas, 2K is bringing you the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, hosted by street legend Bobbito Garcia. Choose from hundreds of dunks and a vast array of props as you compete against the NBA's finest dunkers in this 4-player event. The Sprite Slam Dunk Contest is also playable online. Prove to the world thatyou are the greatest dunker.
- Signature2K8 style: Customizable free throws, dribble moves, and dunks give you total control over the way your favorite players play on the court. All-new signature shots from many of your favorite NBA players as well as individual post and dribble moves makesNBA 2K8 the most authentic NBA simulation on the market.
- Off-ball control: Run quick on the fly sets to get your favorite player the ball in the best situation for him to get a quick bucket. Use the Get Open button for a fast play, or call for the exact situation you want with the Off-Ball Control menu. On offense, you now have the option to switch off the ball handler to other players to call for alley-oops, jostle for post-position, set screens, and more.
- A whole new look: Every NBA player has been completely redone to improve likenesses and overall graphical quality. Kevin Harlan and Kenny Smith now deliver emotionally charged commentary and the new Game Wrap-Up feature allows you to choose the kind of post game show you watch.
- Lock-on defense: All-new defensive controls give you more control of the player than ever before! Use the right analog stick to play tighter defense on the ball-handler, body up on the ball handler, and run advanced defensive sets.
- In the league: Run your franchise by identifying player roles, balancing playing time, and keeping team morale up. The Hoopcast Simulator makes simulating games exciting while SimCentral centralizes all necessary information for real-time stats, standing, injuries, and much more.
- 2K online: New features include a news ticker that updates you with sports headlines across the country, a user customizable Front Page display, and a Co-op mode that allows two users to play on the same team against the A.I.